Newell Brands Accounts Payable Control Supervisor - Outdoor and Recreation in Wichita, Kansas
Accounts PayableControl Supervisor
LOCATION : Wichita, KS
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Control Supervisor is responsible for data integrity, and management of all A/P master data and processes including monthly accruals, account reconciliations, financial analysis, vendor analysis and reporting. The A/P Control Supervisor provides setup and verification of banking information in external banking system and maintain contract information of recurring invoice setup. The A/P Control Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a strong internal control environment by monitoring and maintaining compliance of SOX key controls and Accounting policies and procedures as well as the global system owner of SAP Concur and T&E module training including implementation of technology enhancements, process changes and maintenance upgrades. System responsibilities include implementation of SAP A/P module on a global basis and integration of acquisitions into the SAP environment. The A/P Control Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the corporate procurement cared programs and provides support to purchasing in regards to A/P processing and is responsible for 1099 and FATCA tax compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Is responsible for maintaining the integrity of security of vendor master data.
· Is responsible for compliance with all 1099 and FATCA tax reporting requirements.
· Is responsible for compliance of independent contractor rules.
· Is responsible for setup and verbal verification of all banking for electronic payments.
· Is responsible for setup of contracts in SAP for recurring invoice payments and associated 10Q reporting.
· Is responsible for implementation of A/P SAP module on a global basis and integration of acquisitions into the SAP environment. SAP responsibilities include business process development, report identification, testing, data conversion and tie-out, training, system implantation and post go-live support. Provides accounting and system support to the Procure to Pay business team.
· Is the system owner of the Concur T&E module for Coleman business entities. Responsibilities include maintaining a strong internal control environment, system testing, process improvements, exception reporting, training and support to all business users.
· Provide leadership and motivation to staff to achieve and high level of standards. Train and develop staff to achieve department objectives and to accept additional responsibilities. Coach and complete performance appraisals for staff
· Provide direction to staff on daily A/P responsibilities (vendor analysis, credit applications, staff questions, T&E clarification, ad hoc analysis requests).
· Is responsible for monthly A/P journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, FMR schedules as well as ensuring A/P transactions and reporting are in compliance with GAAP.
· Is responsible for SOX compliance in A/P including ensuring proper internal controls exist, flowcharts are maintained and key schedules and queries including balance sheet account fluctuations.
· Ensure all A/P policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expense and vendor approval and Jarden cash control policies by providing departmental training and interpretation as needed.
· Support purchasing in regards to A/P processes.
Supervise Others: Yes
Expected Travel: Less than 10% of the time.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience preferably in Accounts Payable.
· Knowledge of automated financial and account reporting systems.
· Strong account reconciliation skills.
· Solid analytical, problem-solving, communication and organization skills.
· A strong detail orientation with a proven high level of accuracy.
· A high level of computer proficiency including MS Office applications, especially Excel.
· Experience with SAP and A/P automation.
· An MBA and/or CPA.
· 1-3 years Supervisory experience.
About The ColemanCompany – a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Coleman, the number one brand in outdoor recreation products, is a dynamic, market-facing company known worldwide for outdoor recreation products that are simple, fun, and reliable. Coleman has been fostering the connections made between family and friends through outdoor activity for over 116 years, and we continue to push for innovation and integrity as new and exciting products are developed.
As a global company with offices worldwide Coleman practices operational excellence in everything we do, constantly looking to optimize worldwide logistics and move towards a global operations model that maximizes performance and customer satisfaction. Coleman Team Members have the chance to make a real impact in their careers and in our communities. With access to a vast network of resources. The opportunity for growth is here for those with the vision and the drive to be number one. To learn more about Coleman and our products visit our website at www.coleman.com at http://www.coleman.com/
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live,learn, work and play .
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Outdoor & Recreation
Title: Accounts Payable Control Supervisor - Outdoor and Recreation
Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita
Requisition ID: 338072