Newell Brands Engineer, Operations Support - Outdoor and Recreation in New Braunfels, Texas
TITLE: Engineer Operations Support
LOCATION: New Braunfels, TX
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager Maintenance and Engineering Manufacturing
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Engineer Operations Support performs engineering functions related to factory operations, including new product implementation, infrastructure, process problems and continuous improvements. The Engineer Operations Support will help to develop, lead or participate in a team environment and will define and bring to bear: new technologies and ideas to keep The Coleman Company competitive in the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Utilize engineering tools to define, analyze, improve and maintain manufacturing processes.
· Specify and procure capitalized machinery.
· Maintain engineering documents, machine blueprints, and machine programming software.
· Interface with design, marketing, and legal in the development of new product and processes.
· Prioritize and rationalize new ideas, projects and product changes to maximize value and resources.
· Challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement in all facets of engineering endeavors.
· Participate in and provide personal development.
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: Up to 10% of the time.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
· A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Plastics, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering.
· Experience with software such as: AutoCad, Pro-Engineer, Solid Works, etc.
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
· A demonstrated understanding of applicable manufacturing processes.
· Experience with plastics and plastic molding.
· Project Management experience.
This position will have a significant impact on manufacturing operations, an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing processes, economics of the business and internal functions. This, coupled with a natural curiosity and ideation development, can lead to successful execution. If this sounds like you, this is the place for you to work, please apply now!
About The ColemanCompany – a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Coleman, the number one brand in outdoor recreation products, is a dynamic, market-facing company known worldwide for outdoor recreation products that are simple, fun, and reliable. Coleman has been fostering the connections made between family and friends through outdoor activity for over 116 years, and we continue to push for innovation and integrity as new and exciting products are developed.
As a global company with offices worldwide Coleman practices operational excellence in everything we do, constantly looking to optimize worldwide logistics and move towards a global operations model that maximizes performance and customer satisfaction. Coleman Team Members have the chance to make a real impact in their careers and in our communities. With access to a vast network of resources. The opportunity for growth is here for those with the vision and the drive to be number one. To learn more about Coleman and our products visit our website at www.coleman.com at http://www.coleman.com/
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live,learn, work and play .
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Outdoor & Recreation
Title: Engineer, Operations Support - Outdoor and Recreation
Location: United States-Texas-New Braunfels
Requisition ID: 337992