Newell Brands Senior Manager , International S&OP in Columbia, South Carolina
This position provides management guidance and hands-on oversight for a demand planning team that is responsible for forecasting customer demand of finished goods for the
International business segment. The Senior Manager will assure timely and accurate communication of monthly forecasts using advanced planning software (SAP APO).
• Lead International Demand Planners, who have “dotted-line” reporting responsibility and remain in Region, by showing continuous improvement in planning processes and utilizing best methods in demand modeling software.
• Coach and mentor high performance team that consistently meets or exceeds expectations by assuring compliance with standard operating procedures and ensuring appropriate training and feedback.
• Engage and build upon key relationships with Region Management, Brand Development, Trade Activation, Global Replenishment Planning and Finance to assure accurate and timely forecast inputs.
• Implement demand planning strategies in order to maximize customer fill rates, minimize distressed sales, and minimize inventory redistribution due to forecast error.
• Set measurable goals, monitor forecast error and develop action plans to improve SKU, Category and Region forecasts at both the Company Code / Item / Plant level.
• Analyze and summarize the results of all data pertinent to creating and explaining the International sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions and new and lost business).
• Utilize reporting to quickly identify forecast variances by planner, Region or Company Code, and Production Plant levels.
• Project and call out potential business impacts due to demand changes by providing timely high profile communication to both sales and brand teams.
• Lead new product launch process engaging Region Sales and Brand teams in review and consensus meetings, and ensuring forecasts are available to supply planning at necessary lead-time.
• Lead projects to continuously improve processes, use of SAP APO forecasting tool, QlikView reporting tool, general system integration, and overall Planner effectiveness.
• Ensure the consistent application of organization policies, compliance with SAP Master Data, common International and North American planning processes, and comprehensive system utilization to enable seamless Global processes, reporting, and metrics.
• Support International Demand Planners with technical assistance, training, and coaching as needed to promote consistent global process alignment.
Key Performance Metrics
• Forecast Accuracy and Bias
• Cancellations as a Percent of Sales, Backorders, or Line Fill
• Inventory Cost of Goods Sold and Obsolete Inventory
• Ability to meet project deadlines and deliverables
• 5 - 10 years of experience in analytical positions, preferably background in consumer packaged goods industry.
• Previous Management of direct reports.
• Experience developing detailed forecasts, supply plans, and inventory plans.
• Experience dealing with seasonal selling cycles with long lead-times a plus.
• BA degree in business or engineering related field required.
• APICS certification preferred.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills are necessary.
• Possess diverse PC skills. Working knowledge of SAP/SAP APO and advanced knowledge of Excel and Access.
• Knowledge of materials, systems, and inventory management and control techniques.
• Solid understanding of Pure Fishing products and sales cycles.
• Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary to ensure success leading the team and working effectively with diverse functional areas/outside suppliers.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Fishing
Title: Senior Manager , International S&OP
Location: United States-South Carolina-Columbia
Requisition ID: 336052