Newell Brands Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst - Safety and Security in Aurora, Illinois
Financial Planningand Analysis Analyst
LOCATION : Aurora, IL
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst is responsible for coordinating Financial Planning. Additionally, the FP&A Analyst is responsible for Forecasting and Analysis activities for First Alert, a $300M global consumer manufacturing company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Consolidate forecasts and budgets, performing trend/variance and profitability analysis around revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
· Prepare financial and business related templates, analyze and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investments.
· Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
· Assist with special financial and business related studies and cooperate with other departments in preparing analyses.
· Analyze and investigate P&L and BS variance between plan/forecast and expected results.
· Issue identification and problem resolution to ensure attainment of commitments and objectives.
· Prepare various ad hoc analysis and projects to assist with the management of the business.
· Develop various models and reports to enable operational tracking and improvement including driving and reporting on cost saving initiatives.
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: None
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
· A minimum of 3 years of financial analysis experience.
· Advanced skills using MS Excel.
· Experience with SAP
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with various internal stakeholders.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
· A CPA or CMA
· Experience with Hyperion
About First Alert – aNewell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Be a part of the team that’s creating the next generation of home safety. At First Alert, we don’t reinvent things – we pioneer. We offer the experience and knowledge of 50 years of history, while operating with the open, ideas-driven culture of a startup. With a smart leadership team that invests time and resources in developing creative solutions to today’s “plugged-in” consumer needs, we look to all levels of our staff to contribute to our legacy of innovation.
We have a history of being on the forefront of new trends and technologies – starting with designing the first smoke alarms for residential and commercial use. Today, Safety & Security is comprised of the top brands in home protection and organization, including America’s most trusted safety brand, First Alert – one of the largest brands of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and home safety products in the United States. Our newest advancements include the decorator-friendly Atom™ and 10-year Maximum Protection smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, which have revolutionized the industry and garnered distinction for design, engineering and marketing excellence.
Join us as we break new ground in the home safety industry. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package – and the opportunity to work at a dynamic, continuously growing company that is leading the way in home safety trends and technologies.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Safety & Security
Title: Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst - Safety and Security
Location: United States-Illinois-Aurora
Requisition ID: 337752