Newell Brands Customer Service Representative - Safety and Security in Aurora, Illinois
TITLE: Customer Service Representative
LOCATION: Aurora, IL
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) manages the order fulfillment process to ensure orders are shipped and invoice accurately and on-time to meet customer requirements. The CSR works with all departments within the organization and acts as a customer liaison to ensure all customer order requirements are met. The CSR delivers excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Manage customer’s orders to endure they processed timely and accurately through the entire process within the customer’s requirements:
o Validate product, pricing, unit of measure, terms and credit approval.
o Process Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), manual and sample orders in an accurate and timely manner.
o Allocate and release orders to Distribution Center’s in accordance with customer requirements.
o Enter order confirmation, tracking, inventory and invoice information as required to close out orders as needed in various third-party sites.
o Process RGA’s, credits and rebills.
· Exhibit strong customer and product knowledge and provide support for Sales, Marketing and other internal customers.
· Work with Supply Chain, Manufacturing Plant and the Warehouse to ensure Sales.
· Report and evaluate customer scorecard results, including fill rate, on-time and other requirements per the customer’s vendor guide. Investigate penalties and validity.
· Utilize problem-solving and follow-up skills to resolve customer inquiries/issues immediately for issues that may arrive from:
o Shortages or overages of products within orders.
o Receipt of damaged product.
o Non-compliance issues.
o Credit and Rebill.
o Customer scorecard.
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: None
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
· A High School Diploma or GED.
· A minimum of 5 year’s customer service experience in a fast-paced retail/manufacturing environment.
· EDI order transmission knowledge.
· Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Must have experience in pivot tables and VLookups.
·Solid interpersonal skills.
· Ability to escalate as required and have a high-level of responsiveness.
·Organizational skills and ability to adjust to changing priorities.
· The ability to make rapid and productive decisions.
· Flexible and detailed oriented.
· Ability to manage cross-functional team interactions on all company levels.
·The ability to work independently and multi-task.
· Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
· A college degree.
· Amazon account management experience.
· Experience using SAP.
About First Alert – aNewell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Be a part of the team that’s creating the next generation of home safety. At First Alert, we don’t reinvent things – we pioneer. We offer the experience and knowledge of 50 years of history, while operating with the open, ideas-driven culture of a startup. With a smart leadership team that invests time and resources in developing creative solutions to today’s “plugged-in” consumer needs, we look to all levels of our staff to contribute to our legacy of innovation.
We have a history of being on the forefront of new trends and technologies – starting with designing the first smoke alarms for residential and commercial use. Today, Safety & Security is comprised of the top brands in home protection and organization, including America’s most trusted safety brand, First Alert – one of the largest brands of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and home safety products in the United States. Our newest advancements include the decorator-friendly Atom™ and 10-year Maximum Protection smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, which have revolutionized the industry and garnered distinction for design, engineering and marketing excellence.
Join us as we break new ground in the home safety industry. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package – and the opportunity to work at a dynamic, continuously growing company that is leading the way in home safety trends and technologies.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Safety & Security
Title: Customer Service Representative - Safety and Security
Location: United States-Illinois-Aurora
Requisition ID: 335972